Israel, land of history, culture, stunning nature, religious sites and the place where three religions come together in that one city, Jerusalem. But also land of sun, sea, beaches, nightclubs and excellent food. Tel Aviv, capital of Israel offers all of this in one! A city by the Mediterranean sea, with its splendid white sandy beaches, relaxed atmosphere, Unesco recognized architecture, world-class nightlife. A modern city where East meets West.
The Israeli kitchen is known to be one of world’s best, that includes the plantbased kitchen. Tel Aviv is frontrunner when it comes to plantbased food, it is also known as the “Vegan capital of the world”. There are numerous of 100% plantbased restaurants, but you will find many “Vegan friendly” stickers on the windows of the traditional restaurants, cafés and bars as well. An excellent place to be for the culinary (plantbased) traveler!
Everyday Plantpower and Isropa (a Dutch travel organization with 47 years of expertise in organized trips to the Middle-East) have joined forces to provide you with the opportunity to experience all of this yourself by offering plantbased culinary trips to Tel Aviv. An 8-day journey for everyone who enjoys good food, cooking, sun and culture. You will travel with a group of 12 people (max.) with whom you will visit the best plantbased restaurants, explore Tel Aviv by foot and this way really discover the city and what it has to offer.
But you will also be put to work! You will take part in three different plantbased workshops (held in English), hosted by three of Israel’s renowned chefs. They will teach the intricacies of Middle-Eastern plantbased cooking. And the end of each workshop, which will take 3-4 hour each, you will enjoy the prepared food together. Of course you will get the recipes in printing so you can bring home with you the flavours of the Middle-East.
But of course a trip to Jerusalem can’t be left out. You will visit the most important sites of the city, such as the Western Wall, Via Dolorosa, the Holocaust museum Yad Vashem. During this trip you will be accompanied by a professional guide.
To complete the journey we will spend the last day at the lowest point on earth, the Dead Sea. Here we will enjoy the warm dry desert air, the stunning environment and the unique feeling of floating in the salty water.
An unique journey you will never forget!
The trip from day to day.
Day 1 – Arrival at Ben Gurion airport followed by transfer to the hotel in Tel Aviv. After settling in we will have our first two-course plantbased dinner in on of Tel Aviv’s best 100% plantbased restaurants.
Day 2 – After breakfast at the hotel we will walk north along the boulevard to Namal Tel Aviv (the harbor_ where we will visit the foodmarket and its environment. You will have the opportunity to have lunch in this area. After that we will return to the hotel where you spend the afternoon to your own liking (beach, shopping etcetera) Early evening we will walk together to the location where the first plantbased workshop will be held.
Day 3 – After breakfast we will walk south towards Jaffa, where we will explore the area. Onwards to Ha-Tachana (former train station) a beautiful restored site with many luxury shops and nice restaurants where we can enjoy lunch. The afternoon again is free to spend the way you want. At night we will have a private roof terrace dinner in Middle Eastern atmosphere.
Day 4 – After breakfast we will walk to Saronna Market, again a beautiful historical site. We will visit several famous shopping centers along the way and the most beautiful street in Tel Aviv, Rothschild boulevard. We can have lunch along the way and then enjoy a free afternoon, maybe to rest before we head to our second plantbased workshop located in the historical area of Neve Tzedek.
Day 5 – After breakfast our bus will take us to Jesrusalem where our guide will take you to the historical sites. We will end our visit at the impressive holocaust museum Yad Vashem. The bus then will take us back to Tel Aviv where we will enjoy a three course dinner in a fully plantbased restaurant.
Day 6 – After breakfast we will head to our third and final workshop which will be about baking. This will take 3-4 hours and will end with a extensive lunch. The rest of the day is free to spend, maybe to pay a visit to the artists market near Carmel market.
Day 7 – After breakfast the bus will take us to the Dead Sea where we will enjoy the beneficial minerals, the warm salty water which will make you float and the beautiful surroundings. On the way back to Tel Aviv we will stop to have a plantbased dinner.
Day 8 – this day we will travel back home.
Good to know!
This trip is meant or everyone who loves good food and cooking, whether you are vegan or not, vegetarian or otherwise!
During the whole trip you will be accompanied by Brünhilde Albers, a Dutch plantbased chef and founder of Everyday Plantpower, who considers Israel as her second home for the last 35 years. Fluent in Hebrew, well known with Israeli culture and local habits (click here for more about me).
*Price from 1245,– euro based on double rooms.
This price is valid with a minimum of 11 attendees.
*This price is for people who live outside of the Netherlands only, flights and local taxes are not included. For people from the Netherlands costs are 1575,– euro including flight and taxes.
- Transfer from and to Airport and excursion days
- 7 nights hotel stay at Hotel Gilgal (or equivalent) in Tel Aviv
- Including stay and breakfast in hotel
- 6 dinners and 1 lunch as mentioned in program
- Workshops and excursions as mentioned in program (including entrance fees)
- Accompaniment by Brünhilde Albers of Everyday Plantpower
- Flight and local taxes * (applicable only for those who travel from a country other than the Netherlands)
- Extra luggage
- Additional costs for stay in single-room at 650,– euro per person
- Personal expenses
- Lunches on other days and dinner on Friday
- Drinks during meals (to be paid on the spot)
- Tip money (for guide/chauffeur and hotel staff) 50 euro per person
Keep in mind that:
- People who do not live in The Netherlands but elsewhere can also participate. They will get the same arrangement, without the flight. They will need to purchase flight tickets from and to their own destination. Price mentioned above is excluding the flightcosts.
- Prices are subject to change, based op cheapest booking class with limited availability. As soon as the required minimum attendees have been reached, final prices can be determined.
- Minimum of 11 persons required to execute trip.
- Upon reservation a downpayment of 40% of the total sum is required.
- Rest of payment is due 6 weeks before departure at the latest.
- You can make reservations by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upon registration you agree to terms and conditions of Isropa (https://www.isropa.nl/algemene-voorwaarden)
De trips will be on the following dates:
Sunday November 1, 2020 canceled due to COVID-19
Sunday November 15, 2020, canceled due to COVID-19
New trips for 2021 dates are yet to be confirmed!
You can register for this trip by sending filling out this form. As soon as we receive your registration we will contact you as soon as possible.
For more questions you can also contact us at email@example.com