- 250 grams almond flour
- 200 grams coconut palm sugar
- 40 grams icing sugar
- 40 grams raw cacao
- 1 1/2 tsp Chinese 5-spice
- 1/2 tsp good quality vanilla powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp aqua faba (of a can of chickpeas/beans)
- 2 flaxseed eggs (2 tbsp of broken flaxseed mixed with 60 ml plantbased milk or water)
- 1 tsp orange blossom water (optional)
Start by preparing the flaxseed eggs. Set aside for 15 minutes.
Put all the ingredients except the flaxseed eggs and aquafaba in a bowl and mix everything with a spatula or a fork. Then mix in the flaxseed mixture, orange blossom drops (if using) and the aquafaba and mix either by hand or with a mixer using dough hooks until the dough starts to form a sticky ball. Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for at least an hour.
Pre-heat the oven at 170 ℃.
Place baking paper on a flat surface, take the dough out of the cling film and roll out the dough. Use forms to your liking to cut out the cookies. They should be about 1 1/2 cm thick. Press together the scraps of the dough and roll out again. Repeat this process until all the dough has been used. If there is no more room left on the baking tray wrap the left over dough in the cling film again, place in an airtight container and store in the fridge (for 5 days. max) or in the freezer (up to a month).
Bake for 12 minutes, until the bottoms are crispy and the middle soft and gooey.
Take out the oven and set aside to cool.
For that extra Christmasy touch sprinkle a bit of icing sugar on top.
- serves: approx. 30 cookies
- preparation time: 15 minutes prep, 1 hour resting, 12 minutes baking