- 1 kg sweet potato (I used a mix of purple and orange sweet potato, but feel free to use only one kind)
- handful fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp black mustard seed
- 2 1/2 tsp coriander seed
- 2 onions cut in halve moons
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 250 gr. organic firm tofu
- 3 tbsp Panko (breadcrumbs)
- Maldon salt (or sea salt of your choice)
- Isot pepper (or fresh cracked black pepper)
- 1 tsp Pull biber (chilli flakes)
- plant based oil for baking
Start by cutting the sweet potatoes in small cubes. Fry them in a frying pan until they start to color slightly. Add the onion, the mustard seeds, coriander seeds and continue to fry until the seeds start to pop. Add the garlic and fry for two minutes more. Transfer everything into a ovensafe dish.
Drain the tofu, pet dry with some kitchen paper and cut them in small cubes.
Mix in a bowl some olive oil with 1 tsp Isotpepper, 1 tsp chiliflakes, a pinch of salt and the Panko. Add the tofu cubes and toss with a spatula until the cubes are coated with the mixture.
Fry the tofu in a frying pan until they turn golden brown. Transfer to the oven dish with the sweet potatoes. Place the dish in a pre-heated oven (200 ℃) for 30 minutes or until the sweet potato has softened.
Remove from the oven and mix in the chopped parsley leaves.
Serve with a green salad or other green veggies.
- serves 4-5
- prep.time 45 minutes