- 8 spring onions cut diagonally in 2 cm pieces
- 3-4 garlic cloves sliced
- 200 gr. green peas (fresh or frozen)
- 200 gr. haricots verts (cleaned and cut in half)
- 200 gr. broad beans (fresh or frozen)
- 350 ml. vegetable broth (unsalted)
- 3-4 thyme sprigs ( I used a mix of regular thyme and lemon thyme)
- one chili pepper (optional)
- lemon zest of one organic lemon
- 20 gr. fresh mint leaves sliced in stripes
- salt and pepper to taste
- oil for frying
Add oil to a large sauté pan and start by frying the spring onions, chili pepper (if using) and garlic on medium heat until they start to color light brown. Add the broad beans and the haricots verts and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add the vegetable broth, thyme sprigs, 1/2 of sea salt and a good grind of black pepper and the green peas. Bring to boil and simmer for approx. 5 minutes. Check if the beans are soft and tender. Remove the thyme sprigs. Transfer the mixture with a slotted spoon from the pan into a serving bowl. Add just a little bit of the broth with a spoon. Mix in the mint leaves and the lemon zest and serve.
I served it with beetroot risotto.
- serves 3-4
- preparation time: 20 minutes (if you use fresh broad beans you have to add the cleaning time of the broad beans which takes quite some time!)