- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium yellow onion in rings
- red pointed pepper cut and deseeded
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes in juice
- 2 large firm tomatoes
- 1/2 small cauliflower chopped in pieces
- 1 tbsp Turkish paprika paste (I used the spicy one)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 chilipepper deseeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (more or less to taste)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 300 ml water (or more for thin soup)
- fresh basil leaves (optional)
Heat the coconut oil in a large pot at medium heat. Add the chilipepper, garlic and onion. Fry for 3-5 minutes until tender.
Add in the red pointed pepper and fry for another 2 minutes. Now add the fresh cut tomatoes and sitrfry some more.
Add the can of tomatoes, cauliflower, oregano, basil, and the water make sure there is enough liquid so the cauliflower is submerged. Add the tomato paste and the paprika paste. Mix in well.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and allow to simmer for 25 minutes.
When the cauliflower turned soft ,take the pot of the heat and blend the soup until the mixture is smooth.
Add the salt , the fresh basil and nutritional yeast. Simmer on low for 10-15 minutes more, stirring occasionally. If the soup is too thick add some more water too your liking.
When done serve garnish with some fresh basil.
- serves: 6
- preparation time: approx. 45 minutes