- 1 1/2 cup (wholewheat) speltflour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 flax-eggs (2 tbsp flaxseed mixed with 60 ml water)
- 2 tbsp cold water
- 200 grams vegan chocolate chips (or cut a vegan chocolate bar in small pieces)
- 100 grams coconut blossom sugar
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan gum (optional, will keep them crumbly)
Start by preparing the flaxeggs and set aside for 10 minutes. Mix the speltflour, rolled oats, vanilla powder, bakingpowder, baking soda, Xanthan gum and sugar in one bowl. In another bowl mix the flaxeggs, the two different kinds of oil, the cold water and give it a stir. Mix the wet and the dry ingredients together and mix well. Fold in the vegan chocolate chips (pieces). form one big ball of dough and cover with clingfilm. Place in the fridge for at least an hour.
Preheat the oven at 180 ℃. Wet your hands with some water and form pingpong sized balls with your hands and place them on a baking tray covered with baking paper. Flatten them with the palm of your hand. The amount of dough will form approximately 10 “large” cookies. Place them in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Turn of the heat but leave the tray in the closed oven for 5 more minutes.
Take the tray out of the oven and leave to cool for ten minutes. After ten minutes transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool completely.
- preparation time: 15 min
- waiting time: 1-2 hours
- baking time: 15-20 minutes
- serves 10 cookies