- 1 tbsp chiaseed (or broken linseed)
- 125 ml of oat milk (or other plantbased milk)
- 60 ml melted coconut oil
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 tsp of good quality vanilla extract
- approx. 120 grams of grated carrots
- 125 ml maple syrup
- 180 grams of wholegrain spelt flour
- 50 grams of oatmeal
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp clove powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 80 grams of berries (which ever you like best)
- a pinch of cardemom powder (optional)
Start by pre-heating the oven at 180 ℃.
Mix the chia seeds (or broken linseed) with the milk and set aside for 15 minutes. It will turn into a yelly substance.
Melt the coconut oil au-bain-marie.
Grate the carrots, mix it with the maple syrup, the orange-zest, vanilla extract and the oil in a medium sized bowl.
Mix in another bowl the spelt flour, the oatmeal, cinnamon powder, clove powder, ginger powder, baking soda and stir it, then pour in the carrot mixture and stir again.
Mix in the berries carefully with a spatula.
Pour in a cake form (if you cover it with baking sheet the cake will come out easy) and place in the oven for 30 minutes. Test with a wooden toothpick ,if it comes out dry, the cake is ready. Keep in the oven for 10 minutes but turn the heat of and close the door. Then take out, let cool in baking tray for 10 minutes then take it out and let cool completely on a rack.
- serves: 12
- preparation time: 60 minutes