- 1,5 kilo’s of peppers to choice
- 3 medium sized white onions
- 3 cloves of (black) garlic
- 2-3 chilipeppers (too taste) deseed for less spicyness.
- 2-3 tbsp (spicy) tomato(pepper) paste
- black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika powder hot
- 1 tsp paprika powder sweet
- 1 tsp smoked paprika powder (optional)
You start by cleaning the peppers, deseed them and cut them in thin strips, slice the onions in strips, and crush the garlic. Start by frying (use any plantbased oil) the peppers on medium heat until soft, add the onions and the chopped chilipeppers and continue frying until everything turns really soft and brown. Then add two tbsp of the tomato(pepper)paste and add a glass of water so it turns into a “sauce”. Add a tsp each of hot and sweet paprikapowder , (optional: a tsp.of smoked paprikapowder) salt and pepper too taste and stir well. Turn heat to low and let simmer for at least 20 minutes, occasionally stir and check if you need to add more water. If you add to much water never mind, it will reduce while simmering. When everything starts to be a dark somewhat sticky sauce, taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
serves: two full medium sized jars