- 2 medium sized red onions
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tsp coconut blossom sugar
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp sesame oil
- 15 grams fresh ginger root
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 2 gloves garlic
- 1 large cucumber (or 4 small cucumbers)
- 1tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
Start by marinating the red onions with the rice vinegar, coconut sugar, sunflower oil and sesame oil. Set aside for an hour.
In the meantime rub the thin slices of fresh ginger, a teaspoon of sea salt flakes and two garlic cloves cut in little chunks together in a mortar until it is mashed but not totally pureed.
If you use a large cucumber cut it in half lengthwise and deseed it, then cut it into thin slices, if you use small cucumbers just cut them in half and then into thin slices. Add the cucumber to the bowl with the onions. Add the roasted sesame seeds and fresh cut coriander leaves. Mix well and set aside for another 10 minutes.
Before serving toss again and drain some of the fluid.
- serves : 4
- preparation time:1 hr and 20 minutes