- Shiitake mushrooms 150 grams
- Cremini mushrooms (chestnut mushrooms) 250 grams
- Whole Garlic bulb sliced in half (optional)
- one green and one red chilipeper
- 4 shallots quartered
- Isotpepper (or black cracked pepper)
- two handfulls fresh flat parsley chopped
- one handfull fresh dill chopped
- vegetable stock (unsalted) 500 ml
- 200 grams Kasha (roasted buckwheat)
- olive oil
- salt (Maldon seasalt)
Start by slicing the mushrooms, quartering the shallots and slicing (and deseeding) the chili-peppers. Half the garlic bulb horizontally. Place everything on a baking tray covered with baking paper, sprinkle the Isotpepper and salt over the veggies and drizzle with olive oil. Place the tray in a pre-heated oven (200 ℃) and bake for 20 minutes, or until the garlic and onions turned soft and the mushroom turned light brown.
In the meantime chop up the fresh parsley leaves and the dill (discard the stalks). Set aside.
Bring 500 ml and 1 1/2 tsp unsalted vegetable stock powder to a boil. Rinse the kasha in a sieve. when the water boils add the kasha and cook on medium low heat the kasha for approx. 10 minutes. Keep an eye on it, you don’t want it to get soggy. Discard any left over water, if any, and let the cooked kasha rest for 5 minutes. Loosen the kasha with a fork.
Transfer the kasha in a serving dish, mix in the herbs, add some salt and pepper to taste and maybe drizzle some extra virgine olive oil over it (optional). Add the mushrooms, garlic, shallots, peppers and garlic and serve!
- serves: 4-5
- prep. time 30 minutes