- 1/2 Red cabbage
- 4 spring onions
- 1 red pointed pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1 green Turkish pepper
- 1 red chili pepper deseeded
- bunch of fresh cilantro leaves
- fresh squeezed orange juice of one orange
- 2 limes
- 1 tbsp Sea salt
- black pepper
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup
Total time 1hour and 15 minutes
Wash and cut half of the cabbage into fine strips. Place in a dish. Cut the peppers into small pieces. Cut the spring onions into match size. Chop the chilipepper fine. Chop the cilantro (or use herb scissors). Leave some for garnish at the end. Mix everything together.
Mix in a small bowl the orange juice, lime juice of 1.5 lime, zest of one lime, sea salt, black pepper, sesame oil and the maple syrup. Whisk and pour over the salad. Mix well and set aside for an hour in the fridge. Take out 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle some fresh cilantro leaves and black pepper to taste.
* Leftovers can be stored in a air tight box for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- serves: 6
- preparation time: approx. 15 minutes