- large tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- red onion large size in thin slices
- 1 orange pumpkin of approx. 1 kg cut in cubes of approx. 3 cm
- 30 gr. pumpkinseeds
- 1 3/4 tsp nigella seed
- 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp grounded coriander seed
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 4 cardamom pods lightly crushed
- 1 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 1 green chili pepper halved lengthwise and deseeded
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- 200 ml vegetable broth
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
Start by preheating the oven at 220℃.
Heat the coconut oil and the olive oil in a big sauté pan at medium heat. Smother the onion in about 8 minutes. Add the pumpkin cubes, turn up the heat slightly and fry and stir until the pumpkin starts to color brown.
Take the pan of the heat and place the pumpkin and the onions in a baking dish. Add the pumpkin seeds, 1 tsp of nigella seed, the cumin, the coriander, turmeric, cardamom, the chili pepper, sugar and 3/4 tsp of salt. Mix well and spread out even so it forms one layer only.
Pour the broth over it, place in the oven for 30 minutes. Set aside for another 10 minutes, to let the moist absorb slowly.
Sprinkle the fresh cilantro leaves over the mixture when served.
Combines great with lemon rice.
- serves: 4
- preparation time: 60 minutes