- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp green pesto (Puro)
- 1/2 tsp fleur de sel (or sea salt)
- pinch of Isot pepper (or black pepper)
- 2 large red onions
- 400 grams of pasta to your choice
For the sauce:
- 200 ml Oat cream (or other plantbased cream)
- 1/2 cup tahin
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- pinch of fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp extra vierge olive oil
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
Start by pre-heating the oven at 180℃.
Clean the Brussels sprouts by cutting of the ends. Place them in a bowl, mix them with 1 tbsp of olive oil, 1/2 tsp of fleur de sel, 1 tbsp of green pesto and a pinch of Isot pepper (or fresh cracked black pepper. Mix well, place the Brussels sprouts on a baking tray covered with baking paper and place in the oven for 30 minutes, until the Brussels sprouts are soft, brown and a bit crispy.
In the meantime slice the onions and softly fry them until caramelized.
Prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredidients in a blender until smooth, taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Use cold or warm slightly but carefully so it will not split!
Cook the pasta according the instructions on the package.
Plate the pasta, the Brussels sprouts and the onions on a plate and then pour enough sauce on top.
preparation time: 35 minutes