Yesterday I had the privilege to have a pre-Xmas dinner with two lovely ladies. I was assigned headchef, the ladies would assist and learn more about plantbased cooking in the meantime. Location was this beautiful kitchen in a stunning house in the nearby forest.
We had two hours prep-time so while enjoying alcohol free champagne and bubbly rosewater we got going. We had so much to talk about and we had so much fun that the cook itself was a bit unstructured (we can’t blame the alcohol 😊). Despite that, I managed to teach them a thing or two and the end result was absolutely to die for!!! The beautiful sparkling Indian serving platters, dishes and cutlery made it even more spectacular and enhanced that glistening Xmas spirit!
So what did we prepare? We had:
- marinated figs with rocket, radicchio, topped with fried chillies and lemon strips and vegan goats cheese;
- a bulgur tabouleh with Cavolo nero, pomegranate seeds, spring onions, fresh herbs (mint, dill, flat parsley) and a orange-cinnamon-allspice dressing;
- lentil-aubergine stew with crispy onions and pomegranate seeds
- carrot mash with spiced butter and pickled chillies
- for desert we had a triple layer salty dates-chocolate cake
(a few of these recipes are adapted from Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi with an Everyday Plantpower touch)
It was a lovely and delicious evening. I think the pictures speak for themselves!
You too can have a wonderful evening or afternoon like this. One in which I will teach you how to prepare delicious plantbased food. Which spices and herbs to use and how, where to buy them. Tips and tricks, do’s and dont’s in the plantbased kitchen. Or where you will learn about plantbased baking, how to replace dairy and eggs. The possibilities are endless. All you have to do is email at firstname.lastname@example.org me and together we will explore what will suit you best. And who knows we will take pictures like these in your kitchen next.
See you there!